Terms and Conditions
PART A – ABOUT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Who We Are
We are Sremium Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Ireland with company registration number 451937 , whose registered office is 60 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, Ireland (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are dedicated to establishing a trusting relationship with our users, based on respect for personal identity and information and by promoting the use of fair information practices. We want to demonstrate our commitment to our users’ privacy and establish our users’ trust in our ability to protect their information.
PART B – INFORMATION COLLECTION
For the purpose of the GDPR, Sremium Ltd is the controller of your personal data.
We collect information from our users at several different points on our products and services, in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and other applicable data protection laws, strictly for the purposes necessary to our business and our users’ convenience.
All information will be obtained fairly. The information we collect will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it was obtained. These purposes include:
In order to use the paid subscription version of our products and services, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to provide contact information (such as name and email address). We will also collect the user’s internet protocol (“IP”) address and hardware ID.
2. Ordering and Payment
We use a distribution partner(s) and a trusted third party payment processor(s) to help us manage ordering, invoicing and processing of payments for our products and services. When a user pays for a subscription to, or purchases, one of our products or services, the user has to enter information through an online order form. A user, or someone in the user’s organization, must provide contact information (such as name, company name, telephone number, email, and billing address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We and our distribution partners and third-party payment processors may also collect the user’s internet protocol (“IP”) address and hardware ID. We may request and receive from the distribution partner and third party payment processor a copy of the payment history between the user and us.
We may receive a user’s financial information (such as the credit card type, expiration date, and the last four digits of the credit card number) from the third party payment processor, along with other personal data. The third party payment processor may also provide us with unique authentication tokens to make payment requests. This information is used to make payment requests or to register the user for an auto-renewing subscription that requires automatic payments in the future.
3. Supplementation of Information
4. When Using Our Products and Services
We collect and use the information a user directly provides to us or one of our trusted partners, such as the information a user provides when they access, use or purchase our products and services, information about how a user accesses and uses our products and services, and information a user provides when communicating with us, including for customer support. We may also process and analyse information from the scans a user conducts using our products and services, as further described in Section 5 (Information from Scans) below.
If a user is using a paid subscription product or service, their username and password is sent and received during each communication for security, authentication and verification purposes and to help resolve billing disputes. Payment card and other financial information is collected by us and our third party payment processors.
To facilitate renewal or reinstatement of a subscription we or our third party payment processors may also retain non-financial contact information and support and scan logs for customers whose licenses have expired.
You always have a choice as to whether or how you interact with an advertisement (for example, by clicking to learn more about an offer). You agree that during use or access, our products may show you ads for our other products and offers. We may also place ads for our products on various third party websites and platforms, and, as a result, you may see ads for our products when visiting Google, YouTube, Facebook, and/or a variety of other websites and platforms. We may ask the proprietors of these websites/platforms to present our ads to particular demographic groups, for example, women over 25 years of age, or all visitors to a website who are in Ireland. The third party websites/platforms may use information they already have about the user, or may place cookies or similar tracking technologies in the user’s browser, in order to decide what ads the user will see, including potentially our ads. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising and you are located in the European Union please visit the following URL: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu. If you are located anywhere else please visit the following URL: https://preferences-mgr.truste.com . You will still see ads but the ads you see will likely be less relevant to you and your interests. If a user has any questions or concerns about the ads they see on any of these third party websites/platforms or if they have questions generally about the privacy practices of those sites, we encourage them to consult the privacy policies of those sites or enquire with the proprietors of those sites.
PART C – INFORMATION USE
1. Information Use
- Your personal data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes. All personal data will be processed fairly and in keeping with the purposes for which it was obtained.
- We use your information for the following purposes:providing our products and services to you;
- determining your suitability for our products and services, and for personalisation;
- maintaining and improving our products and services, and developing new ones;
- administering and managing the products and services we provide to you, to provide customer support, to authenticate you as a user, to charge you and process payment, investigate disputes and billing queries, collect any amounts you may owe us, and to fulfill orders for our products and services;
- promoting the safety and security of our products and services, our staff, other users and members of the public, and investigating suspicious activity or violations of our policies;
- providing you with information about our products and services and those of our related companies and affiliates;
- conducting surveys (as set out in Part E (Third Party Links and Content)) and analytics to enhance and improve the quality of the products and services we offer; and/or
- as permitted or required by any law or regulation applicable to us or arising from your interaction with us.
- as is necessary to enable your use of our website, apps, software, services and other products;
- where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- for us to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise legal rights or defend legal claims;
- when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- when necessary to ensure performance of a contract;
- where you have made the information manifestly public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and/or
- where necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
Our Legitimate Interests
We process your information in furtherance of some or all of the following legitimate interests:
- keeping the products and services safe and secure: we use your information as it is necessary to pursue our and our customers’ legitimate interests in ensuring our products and services are secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against security breaches, fraud, and spam;
- providing, improving and developing the products and services: we use your information to provide and further develop the products and services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing a secure offering to all our customers on a continuing basis;
- providing seamless services across our group of companies: where the products and services require the engagement of our affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies, we share your information with them to provide, administer and improve the services and products.
2. Customer Service
We may communicate with users to assist with enquiries and to provide users with better customer service. To do so, we may reply via email, in-app message, or phone. If you contact us directly for any reason, and if we are able to provide support or service to you, we will use the information you have provided in order to respond to you, to assist with enquiries you have and to maintain our records.
3. Service Announcements
On occasion it is necessary to send out a service related announcement. For instance, if one of our products or services is temporarily suspended for maintenance or we want to notify you about changes to our products and services, we might send users an email or other communication. These communications are not promotional in nature.
Generally, spamming means the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited messages. We have a zero tolerance policy for abuse through spamming.
PART D – INFORMATION SHARING WITH OTHERS
1. Sharing of Information
- The information we collect from you may be transferred to third parties in connection with operating our business. It may also be processed by these third parties and/or by our and their respective employees and service providers. We will take steps to ensure that these third parties will only process data in accordance with our instructions, and take appropriate security measures to protect your data.
- By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data by us.
- We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- our related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or our distribution or commercial partners and other businesses we work with;
- our professional advisers in order for them to provide us with advice;
- third party service providers, such as our payment processors, where necessary for them to provide us with services or to provide products and services that you have requested;
- our technology providers, including those which host your data on our behalf and provide certain IT support and IT professional services to us;
business partners and/or possible acquirers or investors (and our and/or their advisors) in the context of a facilitating or implementing a business re-organisation or a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business.
Where required or authorised by law, we reserve the right to release personal data without your consent and/or without consulting you, when we believe that this is appropriate to comply with our legal obligations, to protect the security of our products, services, systems and related technologies, to prevent and minimise the effects of fraud, and otherwise to protect our legitimate interests and/or the legitimate interests of our staff, users or members of the public.
2. International Data Transfers
- We operate on a global basis. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred and stored in countries outside the European Union that are subject to different standards of data protection.
- We will take appropriate steps to ensure that the transfer of personal information is in accordance with applicable law and is managed carefully to protect your privacy rights and interests and transfers are limited to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights.
- Accordingly: where we transfer your personal information outside Sremium Limited or to third parties who assist us to provide our products, we obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your personal information, in particular through standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission; or
where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we consider these requests carefully before any personal information is disclosed.
- You have a right to contact us for more information about the safeguards that we have put in place to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information when it is transferred as described in this section 2.
PART E – THIRD PARTY LINKS AND CONTENT
Periodically, our site may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as post code or zip code). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our products and services. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys, they may not use customers’ personal data for any secondary marketing purposes.
4. Social Media Widgets
PART F – SOME FINAL TERMS
1. Retention of Data
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or lawfully further processed, or for so long as may be necessary in light of our legal or statutory obligations (for example, as may be required to comply with audit requirements) or in order to exercise our legal rights or defend legal claims. We commit to undertaking periodic reviews of the personal data we hold to ensure personal data is not held for any longer than is necessary.
2. Your Rights and Subject Access Requests
You have rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) or GDPR (“Data Protection Legislation”). As an EU resident, you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not your personal data is being processed, to request a copy of your information, request that your personal data is updated, corrected or that any inaccuracies in your personal data are deleted. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. You can access, correct or delete certain personal data and update your privacy preferences by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 60 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, Ireland.
Despite this, we retain the right to collect, process and maintain information provided by and collected about you, and disclose this information to the extent required to comply with our reasonable business and legal obligations.
If you choose not to provide certain information to us or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, we may not be able to continue to provide you with the products or services you require and/or it may affect our ability to better respond to your needs. If you have paid for a subscription to our products and services and no longer consent to provide the information that we require to provide you with our products and services, please refer to our Terms of Sale and End User Licence Agreement for information on how to cancel your subscription.
Further information on your data privacy rights is available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner at https://www.dataprotection.ie. You may bring any complaints to the attention of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner by emailing email@example.com.
5. Contacting Us